OFFICE ASSISTANT TRAINING PROGRAM
Economic empowerment of women is a key factor in supporting gender equality and more effective long-term social development.
This perspective is aligned with and supportive of UN Sustainable Development Goal 5, (SDG 5) which supports women’s equality and empowerment and identifies economic opportunity as a key element of achieving this goal.
It is also aligned with the Government of India’s objectives and the pressing need to develop skilled labor and new economic opportunities more broadly.
Breaking the cycle of gender discrimination and shifting social attitudes requires investment in women’s economic and financial skills, employability, and greater capacity for independence.
The GOI recognizes the importance of this approach in advancing women’s development and is promoting its advancement through its Women’s Empowerment through Skill agenda.
Without further training or connections with employment opportunities, these young women fall into traditional roles and have limited potential for job and career development, and the cycle of discrimination and abuse against women continues.
On 8th July 2019, Centre for Social Research (CSR) in collaboration with German Embassy, New Delhi, had launched a unique Office Assistant Training Program at their Training Centre at Plot-98, Sector-44, Gurugram. CSR, is one of the leading Women’s Institutions working in the field of social action since 1983.
The program began on 1st August 2019. In the span of 6 months, we have trained 62 trainees in three batches. Our biggest hit has been that we have provided each of the trainees with employment opportunities. Trainees were given the opportunities in the following companies’ & Organizations’.
- Policy Bazar
- Radical Minds
- Home Credit
- Oberoi Hotel
- Clinton Hotel
We conducted 13 mobilization drives along with several follow-ups to outreach to the maximum people. Public meetings, Pamphlets, Newspaper Advertising, Word of mouth endorsement are critical components of our mobilization process.
Also, the testimonials from the successful students have also been a great influencer for the interested trainees while deciding on the training program.
We have trained students to utilize computer software programs for every type of Business Management Tasks, like managing spreadsheet and document formation.
We have also trained them in excel in terms like Word Processing, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Bookkeeping concepts, other relevant software, and Basic Administrative Skills.
They are well well-equipped with skills that are required for any entry-level job. We have also put our preferences “Softer Skills” which helps them to gain confidence at various levels.
- Iss program se pata chala hai ki sach mei, padhai kabhi bekaar nahi jaati”- KAJAL, 3RD BATCH
- This program is the ladder to my success“.- AZRA, 1ST batch
- “Kaise baat karna hai, kaise body language maintain karni hai, bahut kuch seekha hai iss training se”- VINDU PAL, 1ST BATCH
- “It increased our standard for how we would like to be treated by other people”- AFRIN , 1ST BATCH
- Q: What did you learn from this program?
- 6.1 “Sab kuch hi seekh liya, ab toh sab kuch jaante hai. Pehle toh computer chalane bilkul nahi aate tha, ab mails send karrna, copy-paste karna, print karna, aur itna sab seekh liya yahan se”- RITIKA , 3rd BATCH
- I would recommend this training to every one”- RITU, 3RD BATCH
- “Main jab bhi roz ghar jaati thi, lagta tha aaj bhi kuch naya seekh ke jaa rahi hu. Roz apne aap mein change lagta tha”- EKTA , 2ND BATCH
- Q: Why did you join this training?
- Mereko kuch changes laane thee apni life se, ghar se nikalna tha. Aur maine kar liya aisa ab iss programme ki wajah se”- RANI, 2nd Batch
- “Aise sir humein bachpan se mil jaate, toh aaj tak toh hum bahut aage pahunch chuke hote”- Indu lohi, 1st batch
Office Assistant Training Program
The Centre for Social Research’s new batch of Office Assistant Training Program starts from 23th October, 2019. If you are interested in the training program, please fill the following details and submit a response.